Last updated 12 April 2019.
1.1 This website is operated by Galatos 2012 Limited trading as Galatos (“we”, “us” or “our”). We respect the privacy of all our customers who use the website to purchase tickets online. We are committed to all users to protect their personal information provided during the online sign up and transaction processes.
3. How information is collected by us
3.1 We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- (a) When you sign up as a Member to create a account and enter personal information to complete the sign-up process;
- (b) When you purchase tickets through the website and enter personal information to complete the online transaction (including purchases made without a Member account);
- (c) When you purchase tickets through an outlet, such as a university association or record store, and provide personal information to complete the transaction; and
- (d) When you visit the website, we collect website use information such as your IP address and browser type. We also collect and retain such information using Cookies (see clause 8 below).
4. Use of information collected by us
4.1 We collect personal information (such as your name, address, phone number and email address, billing and shipping addresses, credit card details, age, gender and any other information that you provide with us as part of the processes set out in paragraph 3):
- (a) to ensure that the tickets you purchase are delivered to you;
- (b) to contact you where we consider necessary in relation to your purchase, including, to advise you of any changes/cancellations that may occur and those which we have been made aware of; and
- (c) to provide you with further information about the website, and other websites or services offered by us or third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you.
Personal financial information, such as credit card details, are collected for credit card transactions for identity verification and billing purposes.
4.2 Website use and personal information may be used to improve our business processes, such as our security, speed and information systems. We may also use such information to do internal research on your demographics, interests and behaviour to better serve you and other users.
4.3 Subject to clause 4.4, we will not disclose your personal information to presenters of events unless you sign up as a Member.
4.4 We may in any event pass your personal information to:
- (a) presenters of events to which you have purchased tickets to keep you informed of future events provided by those presenters or at their venues.
- (b) a third party to provide special offers with our benefits (for example, membership reward points). Special offers will be sent by us and may be co-branded with the third party. You may opt out from receiving our special offers at any time by logging onto your Member account and updating your personal details.
4.5 At any time, we may use the information collected from the website to produce reports and summarise research data which may be shared with a third party. This data will not identify any individual personally.
4.6 At any time, we may disclose any and all information that we collect from you where we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with law, to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others, or to satisfy legal processes or governmental requests.
5. Security of information collected
5.1 We will endeavour to protect all information we collect about you. We store your personal information in a database. The network transit to the website is encrypted with industry standard 2048 bit Secure HTTPS/TLS. However due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will always be secure during transmission or from unauthorised access during storage. Despite our reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us and all personal information you disclose to us is at your own risk.
5.2 All of our staff who have access to personal information will maintain strict confidence of such information at all times.
5.3 Please contact us immediately should you become aware or have reason to believe that there has been any unauthorised use of your personal information in connection with the Website.
6. Content posted on message boards or events
6.1 The website may provide users with services, such as forums and message boards, to comment and rate events. All information disclosed by you using these features is public information and you should exercise caution if you choose to disclose any personal information through such features.
7. Your IP address
7.1 We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather demographic information.
8. Use of specific technologies
9. Access and correction
9.1 Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to seek access to information which we hold about you and to correct that information if it is incorrect. Members can access and edit their information online through their account. Otherwise, you may access or change information that we have collected about you by placing your request in writing and sending your request to us by:
- (a) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (b) Letter to 17 Galatos Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
10. Third party advertisements
10.1 To provide offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with third parties that we allow to place advertisements on the website. By visiting the website, advertisement server companies may collect information about you, such as your domain type, IP address and Clickstream information.
11. Links to other websites
12. Secure online transactions
12.1 For purchases through the website, we process your credit card details securely over the internet using a PCI accredited internet payment security system. As well as our SSL encryption on the website and a secure browser at your end, we endeavour to take all measures to ensure that your credit card and anonymity are protected when you purchase from us online.
13.2 In the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of the whole of part of our business we reserve the right to transfer your information as part of such transaction.
14. Terms and Conditions
14.1 “presenter” refers to the party presenting the event, which may include, but is not limited to, any of a promoter, producer, team, band or venue (its owners operators or designees).
14.2 “users” is a reference to users of the website.
14.3 “website” means and includes www.galatos.co.nz and any page derived from these websites and any page owned by Galatos 2012 Limited.